Ensalada de pallares con conchitas (Lima beans and scallops salad)
This is an old recipe; our grannies also prepared this salad changing the scallops for a homemade ham, getting another tasty entrée. This recipe is for 4 people.
* 1/2 kg (1 lb) of green Lima beans
* 4 tablespoons of wine vinegar
* 6 tablespoons of olive oil
* 1 chopped onion
* 4 tomatoes, whitout seeds and peeled
* 1/2 tablespoon of oregano
* 2 dozens of scallops
* 6 tablespoons of wine vinegar
* 4 tablespoons of yellow chili/pepper sauce
* 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
* 4 tablespoons of olive oil
Wash the Lima beans and boil in water. When it starts to boil, change the water (boiling, too) and let it cook for 30 minutes. When they’re ready, remove from the flame and let it cool down in the water where you cook it.
Strain, peel the Lima beans and put them in a big dish. Season with vinegar, olive oil, onion (passed by boiling water), tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper.
Remove the scallops from the shell. Wash them well and put in a dish with the vinegar, salt, yellow chili/pepper sauce and garlics.
One hour later, pour all in a frying pan where the olive oil is boiling and cook for a minute. Mix with the Lima beans and serve.
Courtesy of Peru-Recipes.com
There are no comments yet, be the first to leave oneAdd comment